Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chi-Cha na!

Ah, food. It's the centerpiece in every Filipino household. This is where the "Board" meets, where decisions are consulted and made and announcements be taken simply like a grain of salt.

Between me and hubby, it is hubby who mostly loves to cook. But don't get me wrong, I also cook, but he's the one with the most required spices such as thyme, cumin and the like. He doesn't like ready-made sauces and wants the real thing. I also have my share of recipes and tips, and recently I thought of doing a spaghetti sauce that can serve as nacho / tostilla chip dip. It was such a hit that my family wants me to cook that often. Also recently my mom taught me how to cook her infamous grilled squid in garlic sauce. Yummy!

So where are the tips here? Maybe I can share here the recipe for the grilled pusit:

Ingredients:

Squid (the big one, yung tawag nilang lumot ba yun?), body should be semi-cut into serving pieces (most supermarkets have this already sliced and even marinated)
Finely chopped garlic
Oil

1. In a pan, fry the garlic until it turns golden brown. Your oil should be at least 1 - 1 1/2 cup. Set aside.
2. Grill the squid. Put a tinfoil under the grill so that the squid will not harden. Squids are easy to cook.
3. Put the cooked squid in a platter and pour over the garlic and the oil. Serve.

Depending on the size of your squid, 2 big ones can serve as dinner already. Hope you like it!

Wifespeaks: Foodie Wednesday


2 comments:

Ria said...

sounds yummy. how long does it take to grill squid?

France said...

Hi Ria!

re squid, approx 5-10 minutes or to be safe, medium rare. because the hot oil and garlic will also help cook the squid ;)